Friday, June 15, 2012

So far, so good

Well, this has been a success so far.  I can't even remember how many weeks it has been since starting on my new eating plan, but I am down 10 lbs and feeling pretty awesome.  I am following the principles in Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution. 

A few weeks back I gave up sugar and artificial sweetners.  That has been a big shift for me, and I am very very grateful to have that particular monkey off my back.  Then I gave up grains.... and fruit.  The fruit has been the hardest to let go of, especially at breakfast, but on the program I am doing, it is only for a couple of weeks.  I will be able to add them back into my diet after the initial phase. 

It is amazing how easy it is to do this when it is easy.  For me, it is absolutely critical to take it one day at a time... and pray that each day I have the fortitude to do the right thing.  So far the most complicated thing has been the vegetables.  I have to buy and cook a TON!  But I feel like that is becoming a little easier as the days go by.

Here's a typical day for me:

Breakfast:  And omlet with veggies or 2 eggs and a slice of Ezekiel bread (not on plan, but so far, no harm.) Coffee with a couple tablespoons of half and half.

Lunch:  Some kind of protein, a salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing, some other kind of veggie.

Snacks:  cottage cheese or nuts.

Dinner: same as lunch, with the addition of a cooked vegetable.

Later in the evening, if I am hungry, I have a smoothy made with unsweetened whey protein, almond milk, a tsp. of cocoa powder, a tsp. unsweetened peanut butter.  It is a great way to end the day!

Simple.  Simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment