Thursday, June 7, 2012

cravings: gone

It is kind of amazing how fast the cravings disappear when you give up sugar.  Within days, really... and maybe hours.  Which totally proves how physical addiction is.

I learned that when I quit smoking.  I was a cold turkey quitter.  I just gave it up and suffered the withdrawal symptoms for a few days and then, suddenly, the cravings were gone and I was free at last.

So, knowing how addictive sugar is for me, why oh why do I constantly go back to it?  Why don't I learn my lesson and stay away from it?  I think it is because I am like an alcoholic who believes that one little drink won't really hurt me.

I can't promise this is forever.  But I can tell you that today I am free from sugar and it feels great.  And I hope that I will be able to stay strong and stick to the anti-inflammatory program because I really do feel better.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful writer--I love to read all of your blogs. They all could become books.

    Love,

    e

    ReplyDelete