Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hungry Girl

Yesterday I was fine all day until just before dinner, at which point I was ravenous.  Why is that, I wonder? 

But today I got on the scale and am down 9 lbs. since starting my clean eating a couple of weeks ago.  And while that is a great incentive to keep going, I don't want weight loss to be the only incentive, or else I am likely to fall off the wagon when I hit a stall.

I am doing this because I feel better.  I am doing this because I am tired of feeling like poop.  There is such a difference, already, in my energy levels.  Yesterday, for example, was my day off from work.  Usually I crash for a nap, but I just didn't feel I needed one. 

For me, everything begins and ends with my faith.  I know for a fact that I am compulsive around food.  It is the thorn in my side.  I pray, then, that today, God will give me the strength to choose healthy foods.  I pray that I won't give in to temptations.  I will turn myself over to the care of Him who loves me unconditionally.  Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment