Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bit by bit

Last night I went to dinner with Nguyen and Emmett to celebrate Emmett's graduation from 6th grade.  We went to an Italian place in Cranston and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.  I ordered a spinach salad and the baked salmon.  I ate a couple of bites of the risotto that came with it, and a couple of bites of a dessert and gave the rest to Emmett.  It really felt healthy and normal and not weird and fanatical.  I also enjoyed 2 glasses of great Italian wine.

I am NOT going to fall into the trap of all or nothing.  I want to be able to live a eat in a healthy way, which means making the best choices at any given moment and not freaking out about sticking to a rigid regimen.

Today I am down 11 lbs. since starting this program a couple of weeks ago and am feeling very good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment