Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The best of times, the worst of times.

It just so happens that I am feeling great and horrible all at once, which is way bizarre.  The great:  my diet has been MUCH better and I can feel that I am healthier.  I have more energy and my joints are better.  I think the anti-inflammatory aspect has certainly begun to have an effect.

The horrible is that my upper back and arm are in constant pain and I have had a numb thumb for almost two weeks.  My chiropractor thinks it is nerve entrapment, probably brought on by drumming.  I have been feeling tremendous stress about all this and this morning had a full blown panic attack at the imaging place where I was supposed to get an MRI.  I simply could not make myself go in there.

So, diet, yes.  Rest of my body, not so much.  I am going out tonight to get some vitamin B to see if that will help the nerves calm down.

Also, I haven't lost any weight over the last few days so I am considering writing my food down for awhile to see if that helps.  I am eating much healthier than in the past, but may still be eating too much, especially protein.

Today:
1 scoop protein powder in a glass of almond milk.  (unsweetened)
1 coffee with 2 T half and half.
2 eggs, 1 slice ezekiel bread with 1 tsp organic butter.
lamb burger with 1 oz feta and 2 tsp tzatziki sauce, sauteed kale and salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing.
1 roasted chicken breast with wine reduction sauce, kale and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment