Monday, April 27, 2009

My list of why

I am reading a book that encourages it's readers to make a list of the reasons why we want to lose weight. I wrote mine out and realized that a bunch of these things are already happening, even after only shedding a few pounds.

So, while I am not really an 'affirmation' type of person, I rewrote it in the present tense. As time goes on, more and more of the items will, indeed, be present tense.

Here it is so far:

My outsides match my insides
More energy to play with my children
More stamina for drumming
Look good onstage
Professional appearance
Dance classes with Ladjie (in Mali!)
Fit into airplane seats better
Less obsessed with food
More time for projects
More time and energy for God
Healthier
Live longer
Less pain
Feel like a fabulous babe ;-)
Clothes that look good and fit comfortably
Better sexlife
Shopping for clothes is fun
Exercise is fun
I am spiritually, physically and emotionally stronger
I am able to do more things
I am less self concious when I eat in front of people
My doctor is proud of me
I am better able to serve God
I am comfortable in my own skin
My back doesn’t hurt anymore
I feel better about myself
I feel comfortable in a bathing suit
I am in control

No comments:

Post a Comment