Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter.... HEALTHY

Yeah, I did great, foodwise, over Easter.

On Saturday I went to my in-laws for a party and brought a decadent dessert. But you know what? I didn't have any of it. And the truth is, I really didn't WANT any of it. How's that for a miracle?

Instead, at the party I ate lunch and dinner (our family gatherings are usually marathons, LOL.) and didn't eat any snacks between and while I didn't write down the points, I know I made some good choices. (How would one count a Vietnamese squid salad, anyway?

Yesterday the moveable feast was at my house, with roasted lamb and bulgar pilaf and ratatouille. I drank a few glasses of wine (and wrote them in my food log!) and had a single serving for dinner and think I did pretty well all things considered.

Then, to break my fast from sweets, I had a haystack cookie that I made the night before. They are really delicious and not that bad for you, either.

Here's my recipe:

5 pieces of Dove dark chocolate
2 Tbs natural peanut butter
1 cup fiber one cereal

Nuke the chocolate and peanut butter in a glass bowl until the chocolate is just starting to melt. (About a minute) Stir. Microwave again for a few seconds if necessary.

Stir the cereal into the melted chocolate and peanut butter and stir gently to coat thoroughly. Lay out a piece of parchment paper. Scoop the mixture into 9 mounds using 2 tablespoons. Place in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate.

Each cookie has 1 point and is pretty drop dead delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment