Saturday, April 25, 2009

Excercise

Weight watchers incents you to exercise by allowing you to 'trade' minutes of activity for more food during the week. It's a great concept! Last night I went dancing and earned 5 points. That is a normal ice cream cone, or 2 glasses of wine with dinner, or an extra serving of steak.

The fact is, for me, excersize for it's own sake is kind of a drag. I like working out with weights, especially my upper body, because it helps with my drumming. I like to ride a bike. I love dancing. Walking the dog is ok, too. But treadmills. Ugh. It's just not sustainable.

So I am thinking I need to figure out a way to get more activity going. Maybe take an African dance class, or salsa lessons. Whatever it is, it has to be more like a hobby than a chore. I rarely have to force myself to practice my drum. I want to feel that way about whatever activity I choose, too.

According to WW I am down 7.8 lbs. so far. In reality, though, I have lost more than that because I had started eating better even before going to my first meeting. So my pants are loose. I bought some shirts yesterday in a smaller size and can truly feel a difference already in my energy level. This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment