Monday, April 6, 2009

Day One

Actually,

This is day something else.... but I have decided to blog about my journey to healthy.

A few weeks ago I went to the doctor for an annual exam. In every respect I am in perfect health... except that I am 105 lbs. overweight. My doc gently said that this would be the point when he starts to discuss surgical options like gastric bypass. At which point I decided enough was enough.

I joined Weight Watchers a couple of days later and am in the middle of my 2nd week.

But here's the thing: I have been overweight for the vast majority of my adult life. For me, this journey towards a healthy weight is going to require I do a lot of soul searching and attitude adjustment. Losing the weight is one thing. Changing my attitudes around my body and health are quite another.

So I thought it would be helpful for me to journal about this. And maybe it will be helpful for others facing this issue to join me on the ride.

My big new life starts, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment