Monday, May 4, 2009

Wine for my men....

It's the punchline of an old joke... but I noticed that after drinking a few glasses of wine last night, I am feeling bloated and uncomfortable today.

I counted the points for the wine, so it's not that I overindulged. But I got on the scale this morning and my weight had fluctuated up by several pounds over yesterday.

Since there are really no mistakes when you are learning a new lifestyle, I am just going to chalk it up to experience and know that I have to be particularly careful about how much wine I drink from now on. I think one or two glasses is the max. Which of course is far healthier anyway.

In other news, I had an absolutely spectacular dinner of grilled lamb, roasted ratatouille, grilled asparagus and bulgur wheat pilaf. It was so yummy.

And my mom gave me a vegetarian cookbook which has all the nutrition information for each recipe. I can't wait to start experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment